Tuesday 21 June 2011

D-day plus 1

20/6 20111

D-day  plus 1

Location;Wachenheim, Germany

400 kilometers on the log.

Started out from Lucerne in the early morning, general direction the Rheine Valley.

The day started out with plenty of sunshine, but as it progressed, the sky started to get cloudy and soon the rain came.

So I missed the beautiful scenery of the river as I had to stick to the main roads where I could frequently stop and get shelter when the downpour was too heavy.

The great thing is that we can now add also France to the countries visited.

I had a standing invitation to visit our Rotarian friend Friedrich Vogel and his family in Wachenheim so I set my GPS and here in the late afternoon. A bit wet though.

I have been treated very well with food and beer and a bed for the night here at the Vogel’s house.


Well, I guess that is all for today. Tomorrow I will be headed for Cologne, and hopefully some sightseeing there.


Goran

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsor Goran to support his trip or even send him an email to cheer him on.